Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Army girl beats down Boy Scout

So last night I was driving down Raeford road to a friends house, listening to music and probably texting while driving as I usually do.  Although I was texting and driving I was still observing everything that was going on around me. I have this amazing ability to observe everything that is going on around me. I come to the red light and stop(I was probably about 3 cars back).  That's when I see the first car on my side stop at the red light and then proceed to head down the wrong side of the road, nearly hitting several cars head on.  I immediately dial 911 and get connected as I start heading down the road.  Explaining to the dispatcher that there is an older style ford pickup traveling down the wrong side of the road.  The dispatcher asks me what I mean the car is heading down the wrong side of the road.  I really wanted to reply, " what the hell do you think I mean dumb ass, I said he is driving down the wrong side of the road." For those of you who don't know, Raeford road is a very busy road that has two lanes traveling in each direction, with businesses and schools on both sides.  Cars are going off the road to avoid the truck and I am yelling at the dispatcher that they need to get someone out there before he hits someone head on and kills them.  That is when the truck went off the road and crashed into the ditch.  I immediately stop my truck and run across the road to see if anyone is hurt.  The entire front end of the truck is smashed in and the truck is beginning to smoke.  The dispatcher asks me how many people are in the truck and I tell her there is one older black gentleman in the front seat.  At this time, another female arrived to assist.  The dispatcher instructs me not to touch the gentleman unless absolutely necessary, but to open the door and to see if he is hurt.  I can see the gentleman breathing very hard and he is just moaning. There was no airbag or anything.  He is just laying over in his seat moaning, but he was wearing his seatbelt.  It seemed like it took forever for the police and ambulance to arrive.  Thank god, the truck stopped smoking because I was not sure that all 112 lbs of me could have pulled this man out of the truck.  The police and EMS approach the truck and begin to work on removing the man.  I watch as EMS is checking to see if the man is breathing.  In the meantime, two men show up.  One being around I would say, 45 and the other maybe 23, both wearing the Boy Scout uniform.  The younger one starts running his mouth asking if the guy is okay and saying someone told him about the accident and how the guy was going down the wrong side of the road and almost hitting people head on.  The boy scout goes on to saying how this guy has to be totally drunk and he almost killed people and how there is no way that he is sober and they should arrest him.  I turned to him and said, you know you really shouldn't jump to conclusions, he could have had a medical condition.  And the guy tells me there is no way that someone that is sober could be driving down the road going to the wrong way for that long if they were sober.  This pissed me off, because I was almost positive the gentleman driving the truck had a medical condition.  He looked close to 70.  Anyhow, the boy scout continued on about drunk this and drinking and driving this.  It pissed me off, so I turned to him and said, "what are you even doing here?"  I said, "you didn't even see the accident, and what are you doing here to help, nothing, you are just jumping to conclusions and getting in the way, so why don't you just get the hell out of here," (there were a few select words I have removed to keep it G rating).  I was so pissed.  He of course apologized and left.  I wanted to punch this boy scout in the face so bad.  I was so pissed that he had already passed judgement on this elderly man who he knew nothing about.  Honestly, many say that I don't have a heart, but my heart was breaking as they were loading the elderly man from the truck on to the board.  When they got up out of the ditch, I could see that his hands were curled and stiff, like he had just had a stroke. My heart sunk.  Although this man had suffered some type of medical condition, this situation could have been much worse.  One being he could have hit someone head on and injured them or killed them, he could have been severally hurt in the truck, the truck could have caught on fire and I could have lost my temper with the boy scout and punched him in the face like I wanted to and have ended up in jail.  The police officer later asked me if I was military and I said yes, he asked if I was a drill sergeant and when I told him no, he told me I should be.  He thanked me for all of my help and for cussing out the boy scout.  
I will end with this:  don't be so quick as to pass judgement on someone you don't know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment